Since the beginning of 2022, masks have been compulsory indoors in Basel schools for children from elementary school age 1.
To make it easier for the children to use the mask, we would like to give the following tips:
- Headaches and dizziness can be positively influenced with clearer breathing and a conscious breathing technique. A more upright sitting posture and active relaxation exercises can also have a preventive effect.
- Mask strap extensions/ear protectors for masks improve wearing comfort and prevent tension headaches.
- Essential oils (eucalyptus / rosemary / rose) lightly introduced into the mask, open airways, have a positive effect on nausea, balance and can promote concentration.
- Keep a positive attitude despite the circumstances, let kids get outside and move around a lot after school, during the "mask-free" time.
- Talk to the children about the situation and encourage them: let's explain to the children why the mask should be worn in the current situation and that even this requirement will most likely only be for a short time.